“In all the world there is nobody like you.
Since the beginning of time
There has never been another person like you
At JusB we demonstrate this to the young people we come into contact with. This charity is all about accepting and valuing young people for who they are.
JusB is a Christian community based charity serving young people in Bromley. JusB was established in August 2003 with the vision of providing a brighter future for young people in Bromley. By accompanying young people through thick and thin on their journey to independence, JusB helps young people to:
- develop their identity and self-esteem;
- avoid involvement in crime and anti-social behaviour;
- discover new skills and talents; and
- live in harmony within their local community.
JusB has a number of approaches to meeting these aims and over the last 3 years, has served a total of 3000 young people in Bromley.
We achieve our aims by running lots of different projects, and they are as follows:
- JAM (Just Ask Me) Advice project, each Wednesday afternoon, offering information, advice and guidance on different issues
- Streets Ahead project, 3 times a week, taking youth workers out on the streets to meet up with groups of young people in the Town Centre, Blythe Estate, Plaistow and Sundridge areas and Milk Street Estate
- Baseline Music project, every Monday night, offering music production and technology in our studio
- Youth centre project, twice a week for two different age groups, offering a variety of activities - FNX (Friday Night Experience) for those in school years 7-8 and The Zone for those in school years 9-13.
- Insight mentoring project, helping young people not in education, employment or training back into training or employment
- 1-2-1 project working with the most vulnerable young people by providing them with an adult mentor
- Youth volunteer project, training young people to work with other young people
JusB receives no core funding from the government and so needs volunteers to help with various projects either behind the scenes DIY, Admin, Local Fundraising, Grant Fundraising, Trustees, IT support or face-to-face project volunteers engaging with and building relationships with young people, running the tuck shop or helping give advice. If you can spare a few hours a week or even a month, we would like to hear from you. Contact us on 0208 464 2722 for further information or log onto our website www.jusb.org.uk
Let’s give the last word to one of JusB’s young people:
“Hope good things come out of all your work and have a positive impact in the youth’s lives in Bromley for years to come. Say this was on behalf of two young people, say what you like about us, who we are or our situation (both doing time at present) we don’t care, but we have witnessed your willingness and love to help young people. Say that on behalf of all young people that you have took under your wing. Thank you. “